The Open Beta launch date for the digital version of the world’s first strategy card game, Magic: The Gathering Arena has today been announced by creators Wizards of the Coast. Over the past six months, the game has been played by only lucky fans in the Closed Beta, with September 28 marking the day all fans can have a go!
As digital gaming becomes the norm, Wizards of the Coast built the game to suit digital gamers without compromising the core gameplay and unique fantasy setting which has seen the game maintain its status as the leading strategy card game for over 25 years. The constantly evolving grandfather of card games uses its rich history to perfect the blend of strategy and beauty with thousands of new cards and countless new challenges to encounter.
For those who have tackled the beauty of the Arena previously, you’ll be thrilled with these new features:
- Bringing physical and digital together (limit one per account)
- Every Guilds of Ravnica Planeswalker deck will contain a unique code to unlock the same deck on Arena.
- Every Prerelease pack will contain a unique code to unlock entry to 1 sealed event on Arena
- Players can open Boosters and try and unlock 3 FREE boosters on Arena
- New Music, New Art, New Battlefields
- New Game Mode: Sealed Events
- New Card Set: Guilds of Ravnica
- Free Singleton Event Entry For All Players Until October 2!
Addictive, tactical and tasteful, this game is set to suit 90s Magic fans and beginners, with its community based approach somewhat simulating the physical card game. Set your alarms for September 28 as Magic: The Gathering Arena launches Open Beta at 6:00am allowing players to create an account, log in and start the battle. For more information head to the website HERE.